FORUMS: list search recent posts

Zoom In

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin Sterling
Zoom In
on Dec 28, 2005 at 8:24:31 am

Quick question, what are the key strokes to zoom in and out o the screen.

G5 Dual 2.0 GHz processor, OSX.3.9

Return to posts index

Chuck Reti
Re: Zoom In
on Dec 28, 2005 at 3:24:29 pm

From Mac Help (Finder>Menu>Help>MacHelp?, enter Zoom in search field):

To turn on zoom and set zoom options:
Choose Apple menu > System Preferences and click Universal Access. Then click Seeing.
Select the On button under Zoom.

When zoom is turned on, you use keyboard shortcuts to enlarge and reduce the screen image.

Command-Option-equal (=) makes the screen image appear larger (zooms in).

Command-Option-hyphen (-) makes the screen image appear smaller (zooms out).
You can change these shortcut keys in the Keyboard Shortcuts pane of Keyboard & Mouse preferences.

Return to posts index

eyecamiam
on Dec 28, 2005 at 9:53:30 pm

I find the resolution is negatively affected by this zoom control. Also no matter which mouse option I choose, I have a hard time sizing my windows to fit the screen. On my 23

Return to posts index

Chuck Reti
on Dec 29, 2005 at 1:30:12 am

Hmm, in my MS Word (Word X for Mac), [CMD =] toggles subscript, and [CMD +] a.k.a. [CMD Shift =] toggles superscript. Don't know ways to zoom document in Word other than the Zoom seletion in the View menu or the zoom percentage value pulldown menu in the toolbar.
The [CMD +] in the browser, Safari, etc. just zooms up the fonts. The same command in other apps may have different functions. In iTunes, for example, [CMD + or -} raises and lowers the audio level.
The OS X Universal Access Zoom control [OPT CMD = or -} makes use of Quartz Extreme to provide a very high degree of magnification with impressively low degradation.
If your scriptwriting app doesn't support the greater document enlargement you need, try changing your screen settings in System Prefs>Display to something different just for your writing sessions - if you're at 1900 X (x) change to 1600 or 1344 or 1280 to get a "larger" image.
You also may want to experiment with the font "smoothing" settings in System Prefs>Appearance,, especially with an LCD monitor.
Myself, I've got those "arm's length, up close" glasses for computer work. They make a huge difference.

Return to posts index

eyecamiam
on Dec 29, 2005 at 4:26:51 am

Thanks, you are right about the MS Word zoom function. I have it set permanently at 250% and it works perfectly for me. As does command-+ to increase font size in my browser or command shift + in my email program. I can

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]