carbon copy cloner

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
raju
carbon copy cloner
by
on Dec 22, 2005 at 3:44:52 am

I have a powerbook running OS 10.4.2

I want to restore a clone i had done onto my firewire drive of my other powerbook g4 (whose hard drive has now crashed) that was running 10.3.9 at the time.
I want to restore the clone onto the new powerbook, i don't minding deleting everything on the new powerbook drive when i restore. i just need to know how to restore the clone. Do I need to download CCC onto the new computer first? Do I need to download psync and if so, how and where do i download psync?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

eyecamiam
Re: carbon copy cloner
on Dec 23, 2005 at 3:51:11 am

If the firewire drive has a clone of the system you want to now copy to a new drive, then the firewire drive should have CCC on it and you boot and run ccc from the firewire drive and chose the drive you want to clone it to. Psync is for incremental backups so you won't need that for a complete restore. Boot using the firewire drive launch CCC and you'll see all the options. I would reformat the corrupted drive first using apple's disc utility. I did all this once and the only program I had trouble with was FCP, which wanted me to reinsert the original disc, and I had to reregister. Repair permissions on the firewire drive before cloning. CCC gives you this option before it clones so just click yes.

OSX 10.3.8; Quicksilver Dual 1 gig; FCP 3.0.4; Sony camcorder vx2000; write professionally for a variety of media

Return to posts index

night-dj
Re: carbon copy cloner
on Dec 29, 2005 at 2:18:59 pm

I recognized less problems when I cloned my system with Superduper but both programs are really good.
I agreee with eyecamiam: You should erase your powerbook harddisk and copy your files back.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]