FORUMS: list search recent posts

OSX Panther update

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Digiteyes
OSX Panther update
on Dec 18, 2005 at 3:41:30 pm

I have OSX running Panther v10.3.9. Whenever I run software update I am not being given the option to go to 10.4. I assume that this is because I am not running Tiger, I just want someone with more Mac knowledge than me (thats most mac users) to tell me this is the case? If not what can I do?

Many thanks.

Return to posts index

Jeff Carpenter
Re: OSX Panther update
on Dec 18, 2005 at 7:12:49 pm

Tiger is 10.4. It's $129

http://www.apple.com/macosx/

You're a the top of the ladder for Panther, there are no further updates. So if you don't need Tiger's features you're fine to just stick with what you've got.

Return to posts index

Digiteyes
on Dec 19, 2005 at 3:17:36 pm

Thanks for your help.

I'm new to this forum and relatively new to Apple products so I don't know if it always works like this but I feel a little disappointed that to continue to get support I have to pay out a not inconsiderable sum.

Thanks for your time though.

Return to posts index

Jeff Carpenter
on Dec 19, 2005 at 5:40:51 pm

That's the way the business works. If you have Windows 98 and you want Windows XP then Microsoft makes you pay for that too. If they didn't charge for new versions then they'd have no reason to design them.

There's nothing wrong with Panther, by the way. Feel free to keep using it. Only upgrade if there's a new feature you really feel is worth the price. Otherwise, just stick with what you've got.

Return to posts index

Digiteyes
on Dec 19, 2005 at 5:48:01 pm

Thats a good point. I just get bitter when people stop giving me stuff for free!

Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]