FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dock magnification/hiding gone

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
bogiesan
Dock magnification/hiding gone
on Dec 15, 2005 at 10:51:22 pm

tiger. All of a sudden, all of the animation properties for my Dock are gone. Gotta keep it on screen and no matter how many times I reset the System Prefs for Dock, the animation doesn't come back.
I'm still searching for some weird library file associated with this function but all i can find is the dock .plist and the dockfixup file.
Did we just cover this?

bogiesan

Return to posts index

Tony!
Re: Dock magnification/hiding gone
on Dec 16, 2005 at 4:05:58 am

Hi Bogi,

Try deleting the Dock prefs found in ~/Library/Preferences/ (they are named com.apple.dock.plist). Just for the heck of it, I'd try repairing your permissions and deleting your caches using something like CockTail: http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/26516 You can also reset or change your Dock preferences using Cocktail, so maybe it'll work, where the Apple System Preferences aren't?

If want to dig deeper you can check the following (the Dock application is in there among other things):

"The Dock is located at /System/Library/CoreServices/Dock. If you control-click on it and choose "Show Package Contents", then navigate to Contents/Resources/, you will find several interesting files. The "Widgets" Dashboard widget, introduced in Mac OS X 10.4.2, is located here, as well as the Dock's "poof" animation (stored in poof.png), which can be replaced by an alternative animation provided you have an image with suitable dimensions (these can be found on various websites) and superuser privileges."

Of course, you can always reinstall or archive and install the OS again. A pain, but it'll work if nothing else. Oh, one other possiblity off the top of my head. Try removing any third party or non-stock Widgets you've added.

Good luck, let us know if you find a fix.

Tony!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]