FORUMS: list search recent posts

lost 2nd hard drive

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
fcintron
lost 2nd hard drive
on Dec 14, 2005 at 6:47:15 pm

I have a dual 4.5 g5. I tried opening a data cd with .swf files in it. As soon as I tried to open them my computer slowed down, so I ejected the cd. Then, I restarted the computer and the second hard drive didn't come up in the desktop. I ran Nortons but so far it hasn't worked. How can I get it back?

Return to posts index

bogiesan
Re: lost 2nd hard drive
on Dec 15, 2005 at 10:57:04 pm

If the two events are indeed linked, and there's no way to tell from here, you may have destroyed your second drive with a malevolent self-executing file. Do you know where you got the disk and do you trust the source?

Norton should remount the drive. but you should NEVER allow Norton to repair anything. You say you r0na Norton but you can't run it on the drive if the drive doesn't mount. You'll need to explain that. Try starting from the installation disks for Tiger/Panther and run Disk Utility. You can run DU from the applications/utility folder since your second drive isn't the system drive but it's generally safer to run it form the installer. Look for the Utilities menu item after you start form the disk.

bogiesan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]