FORUMS: list search recent posts

System freezes with the Sonnet Tempo-X eSATA 4+4 controller card. (cross posted to Final Cut Pro forum)

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Smith
System freezes with the Sonnet Tempo-X eSATA 4+4 controller card. (cross posted to Final Cut Pro forum)
on Dec 9, 2005 at 11:59:36 pm

RE: System freezes with the Sonnet Tempo-X eSATA 4+4 controller card. (cross posted to Final Cut Pro forum)

Hi Folks,

Not a request for help here, rather a little information that may save somebody the DAYS of troubleshooting I just went through.

There is a firmware issue with the Tempo card that causes system freezes (the Spinning Wheel of Death) if you allow the connected drives to spin down or the computer to go to sleep by itself.

According to Sonnet tech support, putting the drive to sleep with the Sleep command does not result in this problem.... I haven't tested that yet. They said they are working on a firmware revision to fix this issue, but until then, go to the Energy Saver pane in System Prefs and set both sliders to "Never". I also unchecked the "Put the Hard Disk(s) to sleep when possible" box for good measure.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]