FORUMS: list search recent posts

Apple Aperture: Do Not Buy!

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
bogiesan
Apple Aperture: Do Not Buy!
on Dec 6, 2005 at 3:29:55 am

(Also crossposted to the Apple FCP forum)

Some of you guys and gals probably shoot stills professionally and have been wondering if Aperture is a product you need. If you are thinking of purchasing Aperture, try to talk yourself into waiting a few more weeks, or even months. Wait for v2.0, if Aperture survives the onslaught of terrible press being heaped upon Apple.

I've had my copies of Aperture for a few days now; we're warming up to it, learning the new workflow paradigm and trying to figure out what Aperture is. It's fun, I can tell you that much, but I've also been devouring the reviews, rants and raves from every photography forum I can find. Aperture is coming up short on just about every claim Apple made and the product is full of weird bugs.

The gathering storm of outrage supports the opinion that this interesting, possibly groundbreaking, product was shipped way before it was ready. It doesn't even come with a manual or help system, just a Getting Started booklet and PDF of same. (There is a "training DVD" but it's mostly all about unfulfilled promises.)

Conspiracy theorists are floating the idea that Steve Jobs knew the sheep would buy the thing and give his year-end financials a huge boost. Shoot, he was right.

bogiesan

This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: "For crying out loud, read the freakin' manual."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]