FORUMS: list search recent posts

Just Updated to Tiger-Some Weirdness

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
JRF
Just Updated to Tiger-Some Weirdness
by
on Dec 4, 2005 at 2:50:44 am

I've just installed Tiger on a second internal drive leaving OS 10.3.8 on the other. I've done a couple of rounds of system updates to bring Tiger current. TIger is the startup drive. I have two questions. Once they're resolved, I'll install new device drivers, firmware and FCP Studio 5.

I would like to migrate user data from the old system to the new (email accounts, address book, etc.). When I use the Migration Assistant it shows 7Gb of data to be migrated. This seem like a lot. Is there any way to know exactly what is being moved before doing it?

When I try to look at the drive that has OS 10.3.8 on it, the finder hangs up with the spinning wheel of death. Is this because Tiger doesn't like looking at another system disk or is something messsed up?

Thanks,

John

Dual 2.5 G5 4 gigs RAM OS 10.3.8 QT6.5.2

Dual Cinema 23 Radeon 9800

FCP4.5 DVDSP 3.0.2

Huge U-320R 1TB Raid 3 firmware ENG12.BIN

ATTO UL4D driver 3.20

AJA IO driver 1.3.1 firmware v21-26

SonicStudio HD DAW, Yamaha DM1000, Genelec Monitors

Return to posts index

bogiesan
Re: Just Updated to Tiger-Some Weirdness
on Dec 6, 2005 at 3:35:37 am

7 gigs could represent all of your mail, iTunes, photos, and everything else that is assigned to your suer acocunt including applications.

You should be able to view the drive, the Panther presence shouldn't matter at all. Sorry, no clue there. Can you still start from the Panther drive? You can always run Disk Utility on it from the tiger drive or from the install disk. Can't hurt.

bogiesan

This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: "For crying out loud, read the freakin' manual."

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: Just Updated to Tiger-Some Weirdness
on Dec 7, 2005 at 3:14:38 am

I think I found out what was causing the trouble with the Panther drive. I had changed its name to include "Panther." When I changed it back all was well. I can boot from that drive or the Tiger drive.

John

Dual 2.5 G5 4 gigs RAM OS 10.4.3 QT7.0.3

Dual Cinema 23 Radeon 9800

FCP Studio 5

Huge U-320R 1TB Raid 3 firmware ENG15.BIN

ATTO UL4D driver 3.50

AJA IO driver 2.1 firmware v23-28

SonicStudio HD DAW, Yamaha DM1000, Genelec Monitors

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]