FORUMS: list search recent posts

Double-Clicking Photoshop Files

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Carpenter
Double-Clicking Photoshop Files
on Nov 23, 2005 at 8:59:28 pm

I have 2 co-workers here who just upgraded to Tiger. (I didn't ask, but I'm guessing they used "Simple Upgrade.")

At any rate, now when they double-click on Photoshop file, it launches (or switches to) Photshop (version CS1) but the image doesn't open. Just...nothing happens. Other files open in their resective programs just fine.

Now, I'm nearly POSITIVE I had this happen to me when I upgraded to Tiger at home, but my home machine doesn't have that problem anymore. I don't remember finding a fix to it, so I assumed a recent update took care of the problem. But my co-workers are as up to date as possible.

(Also, I've openned the file-info and switched the program it launches to 'Preview.' That works just fine.)

Anyway, does anyone know if this is something that can be fixed? I know that actually loading Tiger fresh would have been a nice thing to do but trust me, that wasn't going to happen. All in all, it's a small annoyance that they'll just put up with unless the fix is simple. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Jonathan Miller
Re: Double-Clicking Photoshop Files
on Nov 23, 2005 at 9:53:21 pm

Jeff, I had the same problem months ago...just can't remember what I did to fix it. I know I spent an afternoon researching it and did find a solution.

Something in the fuzzy area of my memory is telling me it's a problem with Archive and Install. Hope someone can tell you exactly what to do. In the meantime, if I remember, I'll let you know.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Jon

Return to posts index

Jonathan Miller
on Nov 23, 2005 at 9:58:14 pm

Maybe this?

http://forums.creativecow.net/cgi-bin/new_read_post.cgi?forumid=58&postid=8...

Good luck!

Jon
TreeLine Productions
Fort Collins, CO USA

Return to posts index

Jeff Carpenter
on Nov 24, 2005 at 12:37:06 am

Thanks, Jonathann.

I won't be able to try it out until next Monday but it looks like a good bet!

Return to posts index

Jeff Carpenter
That fixed it!
on Nov 28, 2005 at 6:28:48 pm

Thanks, Jon!

Return to posts index

Jonathan Miller
Re: That fixed it!
on Nov 28, 2005 at 6:33:47 pm

No problem, buddy.

Jon

Good luck!