FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems with yahoo

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael5x
Problems with yahoo
on Nov 20, 2005 at 6:53:47 am

I'm new with apple, could anyone let me know why every time I use safari with yahoo chat the chat page keeps flashing and doesn't let me chat. I also use internet explorer and netscape and get the same results. Is there anything I can do to be able to chat online with Mac OSX?

Return to posts index

Justin gray
Re: Problems with yahoo
on Nov 20, 2005 at 10:01:22 pm

Have you tried using ichat?

Return to posts index

Mark Sloan
on Nov 21, 2005 at 1:19:01 am

iChat doesn't work with Yahoo. You could use something like Adium, but I don't understand... is there some web page that you can do chat through without a separate application that you are talking about?

Return to posts index

Chuck Reti
on Nov 21, 2005 at 4:05:19 am

Some Yahoo services are problematic with Mac OS. Web-based Yahoo Chat (not the same as Yahoo Messenger IM client) is Java-based, and the few times I've tried it it didn't do much for me either. Yahoo's music and video always tells me I need to be using an old version of Netscape to view or listen to content, so I don't bother with Yahoo.
Apple did recently update the Java client, but I haven't tested it on Yahoo chat.

Return to posts index

Michael5x
on Nov 21, 2005 at 4:31:26 am

Hi,

I recently just downloaded Oprea and for some reason it works perfectly with yahoo.
Now I can chat and do everything I wanted to do with yahoo with no problem at all.
Try this if you are not able to use yahoo with any of the other browsers.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]