FORUMS: list search recent posts

login to win 2003 domain

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Francois Stark
login to win 2003 domain
on Nov 19, 2005 at 7:23:54 pm

Hi

We recently moved from a windows 2000 server domain to a win 2003 server domain and now the macs have some problems.

On the old server box, they could log in to the server using specific mac users set up for the purpose.

On the win 2003 server, the mac clients can not log in at all - not even as domain administrator.

On the windows XP clients (all logged on the with win 2003 domain), The Macs can only log in as domain administrator. They can not log in as any other network user. On the old domain, they used to log in as any user as well.

I just want a way to log in to any windows machine without using the domain admin in order to share data easily.

I'd prefer not to have to buy Dave for Mac just because Windows server 2003 increased their security too far...

Any other options?

Thanks
Francois

Return to posts index

bogiesan
Re: login to win 2003 domain
on Nov 21, 2005 at 4:49:04 pm

Suggest you hang out at macwindows.com for a few weeks. tons and tons of fascinating stuff designed specifically for hapless Macintosh loners awash in a seas of Winderz machines.

We're running a new windows network, too, and Tiger's new SMB and HTTP handling changed everything. I cannot tell you what our IT people did for us, sorry, it was many months ago and it was all geek to me.

bogiesan

Return to posts index

Francois Stark
Re: login to win 2003 domain
on Nov 22, 2005 at 10:13:36 am

Thanks, it helped. I can log in as before now. Still battling to print to windoze printers...

Regards
Francois

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]