FORUMS: list search recent posts

burning data DVD

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joshua
burning data DVD
on Nov 9, 2005 at 3:41:05 am

hi. i'm using 10.3.9 on an iMac G4 with 800MHz processor. i've burned a number of data DVD's, because i am trying to clear off my external hard drive, but neither my iMac nor my PC are able to read them. the iMac read the first data DVD i burned, and that's why i kept burning more of them, but now it won't read any of them. i've used TDK's and Phillips, (both cheap DVD-R's) that I bought primarily for making DVD's of my videos. any thoughts on why this isn't working? i'm burning with Roxio Toast 6 Titanium.

josh

Return to posts index

peppsirous
Re: burning data DVD
on Nov 9, 2005 at 8:58:32 pm

one it happenned something like this to me. but when i restarted the compurter it burned it right. thry restarting it each time you burn one. although is not much logical ..

Return to posts index

MitchJi
on Nov 10, 2005 at 1:22:34 am

Hi,

Did you drag the files and folders to Toast using the data tab with Mac and PC checked?

What speed dit you burn at? Try 4x. If that doesn't work try 2x or 1x.

Best Wishes,

Mitch

Return to posts index

joshua
on Nov 10, 2005 at 2:39:48 am

i set it to DVD-ROM, and burned it at DVD 1x. i'll try restarting it and burning. josh

Return to posts index

bogiesan
on Nov 13, 2005 at 3:55:17 pm

As part of the debugging operation, try bypassing Toast. Read up on using Disk Utility to create disk images that can be burned to DVDs or just drag stuff onto your DVD icon in the Finder.

bogiesan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]