FORUMS: list search recent posts

?-M will minimize...so how do you maximize?

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric
?-M will minimize...so how do you maximize?
by
on Nov 7, 2005 at 4:39:12 pm

Hey Mac OS X experts out there:

I am sure I am not the only one who would like to know the keyboard shortcut for maximizing a window that you just minimized. There's nothing more frustrating than having to pick up the mouse and click on the icon in the dock because you accidentally minimized a window (many valuable seconds went to waste).

And hey - if there isn't a keyboard shortcut is there a way to make one? Any help and wisdom is always appreciated.

Take care.

eric

Return to posts index

Curtis Thompson
Re: ?-M will minimize...so how do you maximize?
on Nov 7, 2005 at 5:07:26 pm

hello...

there isn't really a shortcut to maximize what you just minimized unfortunately - apple is more into using expose to control navigation between windows, and while it's extremely useful, it doesn't cover what you talk about here in the case of an accidental hitting of apple-m...

and while you can assign new key controls in the ui, you can only do it to existing keyboard shortcuts... :-/

this might help you out a bit:

http://www.petermaurer.de/nasi.php?section=witch&layout=default

sitruc

Return to posts index

Jeff Carpenter
on Nov 7, 2005 at 5:13:55 pm

I don't have a solution either, except to say that I rarely minimize anything anymore.

I use Apple-Tab to switch through programs and Apple-~ to switch through windows within a program. That's usually all I need and I still have Apple-H to fall back on if I need to hide something entirely.

With all that I can't even remember the last time I minimzed a window.

Return to posts index

alexander serpico
on Nov 9, 2005 at 4:06:44 pm

ok, but then there is no "Show All" command... same issue then.

Return to posts index

bogiesan
on Nov 13, 2005 at 3:51:50 pm

We talked about this at a recent Macintosh user group meeting and here's what we came up with:
Say you're using Safari and you're all over the Cow's forums. You've got six forums open and three posts in each forum. Minimize six windows, one at a time, using command-m. They're all in the dock. And now you want one of them back.
How would you tell the OS which of the many docked windows you want to come back to full size?

My advice is to give the advanced features of Expos

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]