FORUMS: list search recent posts

...but what about Sherlock?

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin gray
...but what about Sherlock?
on Nov 1, 2005 at 3:57:47 am

Over the 3+ years I have been using promarily Mac I have seen many significant upgrades to the OSX system package. Upgrades spanning a wide range of impressive and noticeable improvements. However, in all the upgrades I have done over the last few years, I have yet to see one significant improvement over Sherlock. As a matter of fact, Sherlock has seemed to have gotten less and less useful. My first OSX experience was with Jaguar for my DP867 and I found Sherlock's search utilities very friendly, responsive, and intuitive. However, now many of the search links, (pictures & phonebook) continuously give me "Channel temporarily unavailable." It seems that if Apple can upgrade iTunes so frequently then they can work harder on enhancing Sherlock. Is this erely becoming a distant memory for OSX or is there any plans on enhancing this program? Anyone know? -Justin

Return to posts index

Jeff Carpenter
Re: ...but what about Sherlock?
on Nov 1, 2005 at 10:34:47 pm

Now that they've got Spotlight in Tiger I don't think there's much of a future for Sherlock. Not to mention the fact that iTunes and iPhoto have their own little "Spotlight-lite" built into them.

Return to posts index

Mark Sloan
on Nov 1, 2005 at 11:19:43 pm

You will get fewer things working in Sherlock because of Dashboard.
http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/dashboard/

Apple really doesn't care about us Sherlock users anymore!

Return to posts index

Justin Gray
on Nov 1, 2005 at 11:56:27 pm

Yup, that's what I thought. I guess it's in a gradual "phasing out" period. Spotlight certainly does a bettefr job anyways. Cheers. -J

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]