FORUMS: list search recent posts

Altering a Mac File's DATE CREATED or KIND information

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mike
Altering a Mac File's DATE CREATED or KIND information
by
on Oct 29, 2005 at 7:27:33 pm

I have to .m2v files that I'm trying to access. Apparently something has happen with the external drive that these .m2v files when attempting to open in GET INFO... completely crash the finder.

Using FIND to explore the folder... on the file names information KIND doesn not say MPEG-2 video it instead has some code like like that.

Obvioulsy this in not correct.

Changing the file name and extention at that level..doesn't work.

How can I get into it and modify and replace that KIND information?/

Thanks

Mike

Return to posts index

MitchJi
Re: use this program
on Oct 31, 2005 at 1:12:03 am

http://www.everydaysoftware.net/quickchange/index.html

Best Wishes,

Mitch

Return to posts index

mike
Re: use this program
by
on Oct 31, 2005 at 6:04:59 am

Thank you ..I believe this is exactly what I needed.... I've tried so many google searches and never came up with this..

THANKS!!!

Return to posts index

mike
Re: How about altering an audio file's sample rate data
by
on Oct 31, 2005 at 7:57:27 am

Any thoughts on a program that you can add/alter the data on an audio file like changing the sample rate data....NOT converting the sample rate. Just changing the numbers.

Mike

Return to posts index

alexander serpico
on Oct 31, 2005 at 10:01:57 pm

What does that mean sample rate data? You can change metadata with Quicktime Pro.

Return to posts index

mike
by
on Oct 31, 2005 at 11:07:10 pm

No, the Quicktime Pro is just annotations and metadate informational...Not really useful in this case. I need something more advanced, but thanks for suggesting...

An audio file has a sample rate stamp of say, 48000k sample rate. It tells other programs it's rate.

I want to alter that sample rate stamp, BUT NOT convert the audio file to a different sample rate.

For instance, a 48k file, the sample rate is 48k, but when you alter to the stamp to 48048 instead of 48000 it forces a speed change in the program it's used in.

It's a true film proceedure or the most part.

Return to posts index

alexander serpico
on Oct 31, 2005 at 11:20:35 pm

I dont understand the practicality of that. What are you trying to achieve?

Return to posts index

mike
by
on Nov 1, 2005 at 6:08:39 pm

As I mentioned, this is FILM/Filmmaking term.

By changing the flag of an audio sample rate vs converting you can force it to play back the 48k file either faster or slower.

In film, audio works in either a PULLDOWN of PULLUP state when working in video. Tricking an audio file stamp will allow programs like Final Cut Pro to play an audio file slower or faster depending on needs.

If you're not a film person this isn't going to make a great deal of sense I'm afraid.

Mike

Return to posts index

alexander serpico
on Nov 1, 2005 at 8:38:41 pm

I understand the terms just fine... I just don't understand what you are trying to do.

What program are you editing in? If your working in FCP, just adjust your sequence's sample rate accordingly...

Return to posts index

alexander serpico
on Nov 1, 2005 at 8:38:43 pm

I understand the terms just fine... I just don't understand what you are trying to do.

What program are you editing in? If your working in FCP, just adjust your sequence's sample rate accordingly...

Return to posts index

alexander serpico
on Nov 1, 2005 at 9:01:46 pm

i figure you are referring to slowing down the audio by 0.01% to keep sync with your film while you work in 24fps....

you should most likely be working in 23.98, not 24, thus no reason for the slowdown.
if it is because you are going back to film, i believe just rendering out your audio in fcp solves this and avid takes care of this automatically.

Return to posts index

alexander serpico
on Nov 1, 2005 at 9:31:45 pm

You should be working in 23.98 even if you are going back to film.
once you create your digital intermediate, then every thing gets pulled up to 24.
So you theoretically need not worry about it... At least this method seems to get rid of a lot of headache.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]