FORUMS: list search recent posts

Startup disk won't mount - Using Disc Warrior... What are my options???

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Damon Hoydysh
Startup disk won't mount - Using Disc Warrior... What are my options???
on Oct 16, 2005 at 4:15:03 pm

My startup drive has some real serious file structure damage - tried disc utility, but it failed to fix it. I can't boot up my system, and I'm trying to avoid a erase/reinstall because I haven't backed up all of the data on the drive.

I'm using disc warrior to rebuild the directory, but it's taking forever. I have a 250 gig startup drive (internal) on a dual G5 2.7.

It's been working for 3 full days, and it's still on step 5 - locating directory data ( speed inhibited by disc malfunction). I've read posts of people claiming that Disc Warrior has taken up to a week to rebuild the directory.

Has anyone out there used disc warrior to slavage a drive that won't mount? It's been 3 days, should I stick it out? Or should I try Data Rescue? I've got two additional laptops, any advice on possibly linking them to my G5 to get the data off the drive via fire wire?

Looking for some good advice on what to do at this point.

Thanks in advance,

Damon

Return to posts index

Tony!
Re: Startup disk won't mount - Using Disc Warrior... What are my options???
on Oct 18, 2005 at 1:05:22 am

Go to http://www.alsoft.com/DiskWarrior/ and get the latest update. Then try again. Also, if nothing else, you can do an archive and install of OS X. Choose the options to save your files and applications.

Tony!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]