FORUMS: list search recent posts

Outdoor Networking

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mitchino
Outdoor Networking
on Oct 10, 2005 at 11:49:42 am

Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this question, but I can't seem to find much info anywhere online...

My studio is in a seperate building about 50yds from my home. I want to extend my home ethernet network to the studio. What is the best way to achieve this? Can I run a cable between 2 ethernet switches between the buildings? Do I need an armoured cable? (I'd like to bury it). Is there a wireless bridge option?

If anyone could recommend a good website or book that addresses this kind of thing in simple terms that would be great.

Thanks,

Mitch

Return to posts index

Curtis Thompson
Re: Outdoor Networking
on Oct 10, 2005 at 3:21:45 pm

hello...

you could have an ethernet hub that connected to another hub (just plug an out cable from the one hub into the other hub's in cable instead of another computer) - ethernet cables will wear out if left in the elements, but you could bury one in a conduit underground and it would work...

wireless is also an option - with outdoor space between the buildings, it should make it that distance, but it would depend on your wall type, etc...and you'd want to lock down your wireless connection via ip blocking or password to stop your neighbors from using your connection...

hope that helps!

sitruc

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]