FORUMS: list search recent posts

Question about updating

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dave colonna
Question about updating
on Oct 8, 2005 at 6:13:09 pm

hey guys, i just gotta quick question

I have a new Final cut Pro 4.5 HD, however i am still running n osx 10.2.8 . Myquestion would be I need to upgrade to at least 10.3.0 to run the 4.5 fcp, and I need panther to run it. What would be the best way to get panther on my computer. I have the option of installing tiger, however the fcp 4.5 wouldnt run on it, so there for would be a waste at this time.
what would be the best way to go about doing this? can i buy a version of panther (it couldnt be that much since tiger just came out, but i just dont know where i could get it?)

Help on this matter would be fantastic. Im kind of at a pass becuase i need to work on a project that deals with HD, however I am not using any program that will let me. its a vicious cycle.

thanks

Return to posts index

Chuck Reti
Re: Question about updating
on Oct 9, 2005 at 2:23:53 am

[dave colonna] " I have the option of installing tiger, however the fcp 4.5 wouldnt run on it.. "

I'm running FCP HD 4.5 on Tiger 10.4.2 on a G4 MDD and another install on Titanium Powerbook.
If you feel more comfortable wih Panther, it might be available via one of the many online Mac retail sites
or, of couse, Ebay. Tiger didn't "just come out;" it's been six months, and two updates, an eternity in software time.

Return to posts index

dave colonna
on Oct 9, 2005 at 3:39:47 pm

Thanks chuck, i will update to tiger... but should my worries on upgrading and messing with my computer be unfounded? I am worried that if i do upgrade it will mess with some programs. I am not a fan of doing this kind of thing to my computer because it is working fantastically right now. But we all have to progress dont we?

Return to posts index

Craig Moss
on Oct 10, 2005 at 6:17:29 am

make a clone of your system so you can go home again if need be. always a good idea anyway.

OSX 10.3.8; Quicksilver Dual 1 gig; FCP 3.0.4; Sony camcorder vx2000; write professionally for a variety of media

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]