FORUMS: list search recent posts

Quicktime 7 is taking over

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christopher Gomersall
Quicktime 7 is taking over
on Oct 3, 2005 at 1:27:00 pm

I love Quicktime 7 Pro but it has taken over my browser and attempts to display any video, Quicktime or not. It fails with wmv files on cnn.com and other sites. How can I disable Quicktimes' need to take over my browsers video from other formats? Is it even possible?
Thanks,
Chris

Return to posts index

Ron Lindeboom
Re: Quicktime 7 is taking over
on Oct 12, 2005 at 12:08:09 pm

Whenever QT7 grabs my browser and won't play nice with Windows Media files, I merely:
  • ctrl-click on the link,
  • copy the address and
  • paste it into Windows Media Player.
Not the most elegant solution but it works.

Best regards,

Ron Lindeboom

Return to posts index

Christopher Gomersall
on Oct 13, 2005 at 6:06:27 pm

Thank you, Ron. BTW, I love the new podcasts. I thought I was a freak working from home. Now

Return to posts index

chucky3000
on Oct 20, 2005 at 5:09:20 am

You might be able to learn something if you go to Safari's Help menu and select "Installed Plug-ins" check to see what it has to say. On mine, it lists the Windows Media player for wmv files.

I wonder if reinstalling the player would evict Quicktime from controll of that file format...?

Incidentally, under system preferences:Quick time:Plug in:MIME settings, you get a check list of file types that quicktime will run. If you've installed third party players, some of the items may be unchecked already...

hope that helps,
chuck floading (who would love to upgrade to QT7, but is sick of buying Pro keys.)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]