FORUMS: list search recent posts

can i add a folder action to a smart folder?

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
s2nami
can i add a folder action to a smart folder?
on Sep 30, 2005 at 8:46:47 am

I am trying to add a spotlight comment to multiple items and place them in a smart folder so i can keep track of them for specific jobs.

ALSO

Is it possible to have more than 7 colors for labels? what if I wanted to use, say, 100 labels, could I?

Stuart Rankin
Hong Kong
stunami1@mac.com

Return to posts index

Tony!
Re: can i add a folder action to a smart folder?
on Sep 30, 2005 at 9:30:27 pm

[s2nami] "I am trying to add a spotlight comment to multiple items and place them in a smart folder so i can keep track of them for specific jobs. "

Select "Other" from one of the "Search For" pop ups, then select Spotlight Comments from the window that comes up.

[s2nami] "Is it possible to have more than 7 colors for labels? what if I wanted to use, say, 100 labels, could I?"

No, I don't think so. Not unless something has changed in a recent update that I'm unaware of.

Tony!

Return to posts index

s2nami
Re: can i add a folder action to a smart folder?
on Oct 1, 2005 at 4:44:04 am

thanks for the info. I need to clarify further what i am trying to achieve. -- new to automator btw -- i want to keep track of my projects using smart folders. my smart folders have the job number and job name in the folder name. NOW when I drop a file into that folder I would like the name of th efolder to attach itself to the file's spotlight comment. Possible?

Again, thanks for any insight.

regards, stuart in hong kong

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]