FORUMS: list search recent posts

...one more thing. DAMN THAT WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER!!!!!

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin Gray
...one more thing. DAMN THAT WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER!!!!!
on Sep 29, 2005 at 4:57:08 am

I recently downloaded Windows Media Player for my G5. For the record, I friggin' hate this player. Anyways, after I got all the use out of it I could, I decided to delete it.

Ok. I dragged the folder that had all its content to the trash, deleted it, and alas! It will will not get off of my computer. It proclaims, "wmhelp.htm is locked." I track down this file in Finder and there are tons of these files. How the heck can I get this crap off of my hard drive. Thank again -J

G5
Panther
Dual 2 gig,
3 gig RAM

Return to posts index

Tony!
Re: ...one more thing. DAMN THAT WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER!!!!!
on Sep 29, 2005 at 10:01:38 pm

From Microsoft:

"To Uninstall Windows Media Player 7 for Mac or Windows Media Player 6.3 for Mac

To uninstall previous versions of the Player:
Drag the Windows Media Player folder to the Trash.
Double-click the System folder, double-click the Preferences folder, and then drag the Windows Media Player Prefs file to the Trash.
Double-click the System folder, double-click the Extensions folder, and then drag the following files, if present, to the Trash:
Acelp.net Decoder 05.0 kbps
Acelp.net Decoder 06.5 kbps
Acelp.net Decoder 08.5 kbps
Acelp.net Decoder 16.0 kbps
Mpeg Layer-3 Audio
MPG4
VivoActive G723 Decoder
On the Special menu, click Empty Trash, and then click OK.
On the Special menu, click Restart."

Also, try repairing your permissions using Disk Utility and then see if the "Locked" message goes away when you try to delete the above files. You need to be an Admin user to delete them as well.

Tony!

P.S. You may want to leave it installed. I hate it too, but occasionally you'll want/need to view wmv files.

Return to posts index

Justin Gray
Re: ...one more thing. DAMN THAT WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER!!!!!
on Sep 30, 2005 at 12:57:22 am

you'er the man T!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]