FORUMS: list search recent posts

HELP! - Raid won't mount

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shawn Wyatt
HELP! - Raid won't mount
on Sep 26, 2005 at 6:49:26 am

I somehow lost the desktop icon of my video raid for FCPro.

I'm running Panther - I can see it in disk utility, and the mount button is activated but when I push it nothing happens.

Please help if you can - I'm new to Macs and I'm stumped.

Thanks,

Shawn

Return to posts index

Mark Frazier
Re: HELP! - Raid won't mount
on Sep 26, 2005 at 7:50:44 pm

Shawn,

I've had similar problems since I upgraded to this G5, (although my RAID doesn't even show up in Disk Utility) and the only answer I ever got was to download the latest SCSI drivers for my ATTO card. The RAID still "disappears" on boot-up occasionally, but rebooting usually finds it. I keep steel-toe boots handy just in case.

Not a perfect answer, but the only one I have. Personally, I think there's still some "issues" with OSX in this area.

Best of luck.

Mark

Return to posts index

Tony!
on Sep 26, 2005 at 8:10:06 pm

Without knowing what hardware, drivers, and software you are using anything I say is just a guess. SCSI cards need to run the correct drivers and software in order to work on various version of OS X (even then they are buggy - ATTO doesn't seem real supportive, but at least they do something). Installing the correct ATTO drivers/firmware is critical. Also, its very important you follow ATTO's installation instructions exactly (download the readme). http://www.attotech.com/software/index.html

Make sure you shutdown completely, then startup the RAID (let it spin up), then startup your Mac. Other hardware inside or attached to your Mac can occasionally interfere, so you might want to remove it while troubleshooting. 3rd party drivers for other products can also be a problem sometimes, so you try removing them, if any are installed. If you have an Adaptec card, replace it with and ATTO (or better yet get a SATA RAID - cheap, bigger and faster than an older Medea video RAID - plus no SCSI voodoo to worry about and no SCSI cards).

If you're, still having problems after trying those things, contact Medea (or whomever makes your RAID) and ask them for help (most RAID companies are pretty helpful and easy to get ahold of).

Tony!

Return to posts index

Shawn Wyatt
on Sep 26, 2005 at 10:18:18 pm

thanks for your response-

Mine is a SATA raid - Seritek (they weren't very helpful)

Apple has tried but now it seems to be corrupt data on one of the hard drives -
Do any of you know how to recover a volume that won't mount?
Maybe DiskWarrior?

Thanks for your help

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]