FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compiling Source Code In OS-X

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Phil Radelat
Compiling Source Code In OS-X
on Sep 15, 2005 at 12:39:28 am

Hi folks, I've installed the open source graphics program GIMP on a dual G5 running OS-X (I believe the OS version is 10.2, or something like that). GIMP is running fine, as there is already a pre-compiled version that runs on the MAC.

However, I'd like to make use of a third-party plugin filter for GIMP, but it is only available in source code only, and needs to be compiled for whatever OS you're running on. I have readily available compilers in Linux, but I don't know what I can use in OS-X to compile this source code.

Does OS-X bring a compiler that I can use for this purpose? If not, is there a third-party compiler? Is it freeware or commecial? While I can do what I need to do with this filter in GIMP on my Linux workstation, I can really make use of this filter at work, where I have only MACs available to me.

Thanks for any help with this.

Return to posts index

Curtis Thompson
Re: Compiling Source Code In OS-X
on Sep 15, 2005 at 12:57:28 am

hello...

yup:

http://www.gimp.org/macintosh/

"A typical install, however, will require that you have a working C compiler, which Apple supplies on a companion CD to Mac OS X"

that should do it for ya...

sitruc

Return to posts index

Phil Radelat
on Sep 15, 2005 at 1:26:50 am

Hey thanks!. I'll have to check to see which disk this is. It sounds like there are several disks, I hope it's identified somehow.

Return to posts index

Chuck Reti
on Sep 15, 2005 at 1:59:29 am

There are numerous tools in the Xcode developer package. If you don't have a disk or an installer called Developer Tools.
If not, it is available for download (751MB) at the Apple Developer site. Registration (no charge) is required for the Developer site and Xcode tools page. The installer creates a "Developer" folder on your drive.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]