FORUMS: list search recent posts

More info on medea/panther post

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
foleyvideo
More info on medea/panther post
on Sep 10, 2005 at 4:07:06 pm

This might be helpful information to add to my original post --- I am running an ATTO Express PCI UL2S host adapter. That's a single channel ultra 2 scsi that worked just fine with the medea under Jaguar. Anybody know if this could be part of the problem?

Funny thing is --- if I start up in OS9 the Medea SHOWS UP!!!! Jaguar worked beautifully -- but Panther will NOT display the drive. In fact, if you look in the system profiler, it says the drivers for both the Medea and the Atto are PRESENT but NOT loaded!!!

Somebody help me before I go nuts

Thanks

Return to posts index

Tony!
Re: More info on medea/panther post
on Sep 12, 2005 at 9:01:05 pm

The easiest solution for us both is to have you call Medea. They are very helpful and easy to get ahold of. If your card will still work with Panther, then it probably needs new drivers and/or firmware. Medea may also have a firmware update that is required. Either way, Medea is likely to have the answers for you, without you having to do a lot of research on your own.

Tony!

Return to posts index

foleyvideo
on Sep 12, 2005 at 9:43:40 pm

Hi Tony

Medea has contacted me -- and although nothing is for sure, we think it is most probably a conflict with the ATTO Express PCI UL2S card. It's a legacy and isn't really supported anymore.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Steve

Return to posts index

Tony!
on Sep 13, 2005 at 1:21:29 am

[foleyvideo] "we think it is most probably a conflict with the ATTO Express PCI UL2S card. It's a legacy and isn't really supported anymore."

That would be my guess as well. SCSI cards can be pain to keep up-to-date and old ones like yours are a recipe for problems. Trying to match older hardware, to newer, but still out of date software is often not worth the challenge. Sometimes, its more cost effective to update than troubleshoot endlessly. You can switch to SATA drives/RAID for pretty cheap and they'll be faster and bigger than your Medea.

Tony!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]