FORUMS: list search recent posts

News: DeckLink 5.1 for Apple Mac OS X

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cow News Droid
News: DeckLink 5.1 for Apple Mac OS X
on Sep 9, 2005 at 4:48:23 pm

Blackmagic Design releases Macintosh update for all models of DeckLink broadcast video cards with HD 720p down conversion and 720p to 1080i cross-conversion.

(IBC 2005, AMSTERDAM, NETHERLANDS - 9th September 2005) Today Blackmagic Design announced the immediate availability of DeckLink 5.1 software for Apple Mac OS X, which enables new software driver HD down conversion in 720p mode on all DeckLink models, and a new cross conversion allowing 720p mastering to 1080i broadcast decks in real time.

New features in DeckLink 5.1 for Apple Mac OS X

A new software driven down converter allows all DeckLink cards, from the lowest cost $295 DeckLink model, to play back High Definition video while down converting in real time to standard definition. 720p/59.94 is easily down converted to NTSC standard definition in both letterbox and anamorphic modes.

All DeckLink SD and HD cards support 720p and 1080i down-conversion on playback, while all DeckLink HD models can also support down conversion on the capture input, so high definition video inputs can be captured to a standard definition file for standard definition editing.

Often customers editing in 720p formats need to master to 1080i videotape formats, and the new DeckLink cross conversion allows real time up conversion of 720p video to 1080 output for broadcast mastering.

DeckLink 5.1 for Apple Mac OS X also has several updates for the Blackmagic Deck Control application for automated timecode accurate capture and mastering to broadcast decks. Improvements include new brushed metal user interface improvements and a new timecode and frame count display.

Blackmagic Deck Control now shows a Time Code Reader (TCR) for any movie opened in to Blackmagic Deck Control. The name of the movie and the TCR appear above the movie and clicking on the time code reader display instantly toggles between displaying the time code or a frame count display, referenced from the start of the movie file.

Also in this update is gamma corrected output from After Effects, and updated Apple Uncompressed 422 v1.2 codecs.

Availability

DeckLink 5.1 for Mac OS X includes all of these new features and is available now from the Blackmagic Design web site at no charge. Check http://www.blackmagic-design.com for download details.

Blackmagic DeckLink cards are available now from authorized Blackmagic Design resellers worldwide starting from an amazing US$295 for uncompressed 10 bit 4:2:2. Please check http://www.blackmagic-design.com for more product details and reseller locations.

About Blackmagic Design

Blackmagic Design manufactures the world's highest quality video cards for the postproduction and television broadcast industries. It's DeckLink family of leading quality video cards has changed the industry and made HDTV more affordable for everyone.

###

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]