FORUMS: list search recent posts

Question about updating OSX

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dave colonna
Question about updating OSX
on Sep 2, 2005 at 11:46:07 pm

well i guess this may be a stupid question, but I have OS X 10.2.8, i know i know i havent been keeping up, but i want to get up to 10.3.9 or what ever it is up to these days to install a program. well to install 10.3.9 it says i need 10.3.0 or higher, when i go to install 10.3.0 i cant find it anywhere, so i tried 10.3.1 and it says i need 10.3.0, which frustrates me to no end.
is there a 10.3.0? if there isnt what can i do? im thoroughly confused by this problem, can you help me?
thanks
D

Return to posts index

Jeff Carpenter
Re: Question about updating OSX
on Sep 3, 2005 at 3:09:18 am

OS X 10.4 is Tiger and it costs $129 at the Apple store.

OS X 10.3 was called Panther and it USED to cost $129 but now you can probably buy it for less than $30 on E-Bay.

You have OS X 10.2, that one's Jaguar. Whenever the number after 10. changes, you have to pay for that and get it in a box.

Return to posts index

Tony!
Re: Question about updating OSX
on Sep 4, 2005 at 6:20:11 am

To add to what Jeff was saying, Apple changed their numbering scheme with OS X. Each "Dot" upgrade is a full version upgrade (10.1, 10.2, 10.3 10.4) each packed with new features. Apple didn't want to stop using the OS X name, so they didn't. You need to purchase the dot (full version) upgrades Just like you payed when going from OS 8 to OS 9. If you follow that, then its easy to see Apple is really up to like OS 14 now (or 13 depending on how you look at it).

Tony!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]