FORUMS: list search recent posts

Widget Idiot

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd at UCSB
Widget Idiot
on Aug 27, 2005 at 4:23:18 am

Hi All,
I must be dumb, I can't figure out the whole widget thing...
I download a couple from Apple, but then the file is on my desktop? Can't find anywhere a prefs on where to save widgets? I put a couple in 'my lib/widgets' but next time I restarted, they don't load?

Can somebody please tell me how to save a widget!

Thanks,

Todd at UCSB
Television Production

Return to posts index

Jeff Carpenter
Re: Widget Idiot
on Aug 27, 2005 at 5:50:07 pm

You want to put them in (Main Drive)/Library/Widgets

It sounds like you've done that correctly, though. Hmm...check to make sure the icon is the same as the other widgets. If it's not it may need to be un-zipped or something like that. If the icon isn't the same, just double click it and see if it changes into something that looks like a widget before you put it in the Widget folder.

Once it's in there, just turn on the dashboard and click the little "+" icon in the lower left hand part of your screen.

If you do all of that and it still doesn't work...well mabye there's something wrong with that particular widget?

Return to posts index

Tony!
on Aug 27, 2005 at 11:05:22 pm

Hi Todd,

Widgets will install themselves automatically when you download them unless you don't have the "Open 'safe' files after downloading" checkbox selected in Safari preferences. If for some reason you want to leave that preference disabled, then you have two options.

Return to posts index

Scott Witt
on Dec 12, 2006 at 8:25:40 pm

go to tinker and make sure it enabled

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]