FORUMS: list search recent posts

Upgrading from 10.2 to 10.3: Do I have to reinstall software?

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim
Upgrading from 10.2 to 10.3: Do I have to reinstall software?
by
on Aug 25, 2005 at 8:35:04 pm

I'm going to upgrade my G4 from OS 10.2 to 10.3. Will I need to reinstall my Adobe applications and such? Or will the OS upgrade without removing software. I've obviously never done this before...

Return to posts index

Tony!
Re: Upgrading from 10.2 to 10.3: Do I have to reinstall software?
on Aug 25, 2005 at 11:04:25 pm

You do have to buy the update, it's not free, but it will upgrade your software to 10.3 (or 10.4 if you buy the latest) without you having to reinstall your applications software. You'll want to run Disk Utility (or DiskWarrior) and repair your permissions on your drive before and after doing the update. Just because your applications are still there, doesn't mean they are compatible with the new OS. You'll want to check with the manufacturers to see if they have any required updates. Also, do the Apple software updater after installing to see if Apple has released any minor updates as well.

Tony!

P.S. Many people prefer backing up their current drive (always a good idea - either way) and then wiping the drive and reinstalling everything from scratch. It is not required, but makes for a cleaner system with a lower chance of problems occurring. Up to you which way you go. I've had good luck both ways.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]