FORUMS: list search recent posts

ITunes Question

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dave colonna
ITunes Question
on Aug 13, 2005 at 5:33:24 pm

Hello,
I got a quick question about itunes, i recently upgraded to 4.9 and now everytime a new song plays i get an error that says
"the movie file "orig_04049931.IETemp" cannot be found. Without this file, the movie cannot play properly."

I tried to move all the songs in itunes to a new folder and then route all imported songs to itunes to that folder, I dont know what else to do, can you help me.
It is the most annoying thing i have ever had to deal with and discourages me to upgrade anymore.

PLEASE HELP

Return to posts index

Tony!
Re: ITunes Question
on Aug 13, 2005 at 11:01:31 pm

Have you tried deleting the iTunes preference files? Move these two files to your trash can (don't delete yet) and see if the problem is solved: com.apple.iTunes.helper.plist and com.apple.iTunes.plist. You can find them in your Home Folder > Library > Preferences. If iTunes works fine afterwards you can delete the files (you may need to change some of your iTunes preference settings back to your liking, as they may have been reset to defaults).

Also, since you did install/update software it is a good idea to repair your permissions using Disk Utility.

Tony!

Return to posts index

dave colonna
on Aug 14, 2005 at 2:16:48 am

unfortunately it has not fixed the problem.

thanks for the advice, do you have another option?

Return to posts index

Chuck Reti
on Aug 14, 2005 at 4:41:45 am

http://www.apple.com/support/itunes is your friend. A 10 sec search yielded up this handy document:

iTunes 4: 'Movie file cannot be found' error message

Should be an easy fix.

Return to posts index

Tony!
on Aug 14, 2005 at 6:29:28 am

[Chuck Reti] "http://www.apple.com/support/itunes is your friend. A 10 sec search yielded up this handy document:

iTunes 4: 'Movie file cannot be found' error message

Should be an easy fix."

Good call Chuck. I was too lazy to look it up for him (I didn't think it would be there), but now I wish I did :)

Tony!

Return to posts index

dave colonna
on Aug 15, 2005 at 4:08:07 am

oh man, you guys rock.
that totally solved the problem, and if you wondering how it happened, it was a vo i got from a client that i imported into itunes, and when i upgraded it for some reason that quicktime file was just not available.

Oh well, thanks again, you guys never let me down. your knowledge is overwhelming as always.

D

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]