FORUMS: list search recent posts

CD-Rom for MAC

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Grafur
CD-Rom for MAC
on Aug 13, 2005 at 1:39:53 am

I have been building video programs on CD with auto start menu using the MPEG1 format. I now need the same product that will play on the MAC. Is that QuickTime? Using Adobe Premere Pro 1.5 for editing it says that it cannot find QuickTime authoring componets. It says to go to Apple and install QuickTime. Can the MPEG1 video/audio files be converted to a form that the MAC can use or do I need to start with the original AVI? Is there software out there that can easily create an auto start menu system for the CD-Rom?
You can tell I'm a bit more than confused. Please help if you can.
Grafur

Return to posts index

Tony!
Re: CD-Rom for MAC
on Aug 13, 2005 at 11:21:20 pm

Quicktime can play MPEG files (MPEG-1 is pretty poor quality/compression by today's standards). You have to create/encode your CD's as ISSO 9660 so the Mac can read them (or Apple formatted). If you are burning CD's on a PC for use on the Mac, then you're best bet is to ask the question on a PC forum (or maybe the Adobe Premiere forum on the Cow). It should be very easy to do, but I'm not a PC guy, so I never work going from PC to Mac (Its always the other way around). Maybe someone else will chime in with more experience/details (P.S. avi is the wrong format to use for Mac users).

Tony!

Return to posts index

Mark Sloan
on Aug 15, 2005 at 11:58:49 pm

Auto-start is turned off by default on Macs, so it isn't as effective. The only way I have figured out how to do this is to use Toast's built-in feature for creating the correct autostart disc for a Mac and then adding to that disc image the scripts need for auto-start on PCs. In the end, it wasn't worth it. I went with more of a start_here.html kind of thing for Macs and PCs simply using the script to launch that same file.

Return to posts index

Grafur
on Aug 16, 2005 at 1:20:19 am

Mark,
Do you use the .html "start here" file on one disk for both Mac and PC? If so, would you care to share the code with me?
Thanks for your reply,
Grafur
tfarb@centurytel.net

Return to posts index

Mark Sloan
on Aug 17, 2005 at 10:12:25 pm

The Autostart code only works on the PC. The autostart function for a Mac has to do with the volume structure if I remember correctly, which is why I simply created a file that says "start here": Macs had to simply open the disc and double click that file, PCs would use the code below and autostart.

http://www.phdcc.com/shellrun/autorun.htm

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]