FORUMS: list search recent posts

connecting mac and pc via direct ip in a wireless situation is this possible

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd George
connecting mac and pc via direct ip in a wireless situation is this possible
on Aug 5, 2005 at 6:22:19 pm

Hello all

alright I posted a similar question about a week ago but I did not give exact details of the situation

at home we have a cable modem hooked into a belkin wireless router both my G5 and my G4 powerbook can see the router via airport no problem all of my girlfriends pc running windows xp (a dell desktop , and two dell laptops ) can also see the router and all computers can connect to the internet no problems

here's the situation

we both have the starwars game (battlefront) which the software makers claim you can play mac to pc via directip the question is how do I connect via direct ip

I am fully prepared to be made fun of for asking this question on the cow but hey even us video editing 3d animating folks need to get our game on once in a while

thanks in advance for any help any can provide

by the way all my macs are running the most current version of Tiger

take care

Todd George
Instructional Media Services
John Carroll University
University Heights, OH 44118

Return to posts index

Mark Sloan
Re: connecting mac and pc via direct ip in a wireless situation is this possible
on Aug 5, 2005 at 7:30:16 pm

Don't have the game, but in general these types of games you need to know the IP addresses of the machines (if the game doesn't search locally automatically). Go to your Network control panel and look up the IP addresses assigned to your machines. When you connect to a LAN game (I am assuming that is what it is called) enter the IP address of the machine you want to connect to.

Sometimes one machine has to set itself up as the host FIRST, and then the other machine has to connect to THAT machines' IP address.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]