FORUMS: list search recent posts

Timecode in Quicktime Pro

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tony
Timecode in Quicktime Pro
by
on Aug 3, 2005 at 12:34:34 am

I have many quicktime movies that I captured in Final Cut Pro, and a client would like to be able to take the quicktime movies and log them with the timecode that is on the original tap, so when I edit, I have an idea of what I'm doing.
Is there a way to display that in quicktime?
I know in FCP I can put a filter over the videos and the timecode will be "burned" onto the movie, but that takes time with rendering, making another quicktime time movie etc. Just a big waste in my opinion.
Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks for the help.
-Tony

Return to posts index

PaulD
Re: Timecode in Quicktime Pro
on Aug 4, 2005 at 11:00:48 am

Hi
With a clip playing in QuickTime Player Pro, open the Movie Properties info box from the Movie menu, and on the left dropdown select Video Track. Then on the right drop-down the bottom option is Timecode, and shows the clip's timecode whilst the movie is played.

Return to posts index

Tony
by
on Aug 4, 2005 at 3:12:30 pm

Paul,
Thanks for the response, I am using QuickTime Pro 7, I believe you are referring to version 6. I tried that on another computer (with version 6) as well as version and under the Properties I can not find the actual timecode, just a counter.
Am I missing a setting/step?
--Tony

Return to posts index

PaulD
on Aug 4, 2005 at 3:28:29 pm

Hi
With all the FCP-captured clips and exports I have, there is a Timecode track shown under Get Movie Properties, but that isn't readable in any way. But the Video Track has the Timecode option, at the bottom of the drop-down, which shows the T/c from the original capture, or from the Timeline if its an exported FCP movie.

Return to posts index

Tony
by
on Aug 4, 2005 at 3:48:10 pm

Paul,
I found what your are talking about in version 6.5.2 of QuickTime, and that works fine. But, I use quicktime 7 on my main computer, and the menus are a little different, and I can not seem to find the timecode drop down menu.
-Tony

Return to posts index

Robert Ashe Jr.
on Aug 10, 2005 at 11:20:07 pm

Command J - Scroll down for timecode info

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]