FORUMS: list search recent posts

Color correction with Powerbook G4 TFT screen vs Vaio TFT X-Black

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ricardo T
Color correction with Powerbook G4 TFT screen vs Vaio TFT X-Black
on Jul 30, 2005 at 1:00:10 pm

Hi,

I do color correction with still and motion images and some motion graphics also.
Currently i'm pondering between a powerbook G4 and a Sony Vaio laptop to use as the main working tool.
To me the most important component of a computer is the screen. Usually i work with desktop monitors not notebooks or laptopos, and i don't no how to evaluate the quality of this screens. Mac TFT screen are very soft and seem very good and reliable, but with the new TFT X-black screen the colors are more brigther and it looks like a desktop Monitor.
I work with Silicon Graphics monitors, and I never had to choose one.
I want to work with Mac definitively, but the screen issue is my only doubt.
If some of you have experience in this field, i would like now your opinion and advice.

Thank you.
Ricardo T

Return to posts index

daniel_l
Re: Color correction with Powerbook G4 TFT screen vs Vaio TFT X-Black
on Aug 1, 2005 at 4:31:54 pm

I'd say the issue was really with colour accuracy rather than the finer points of the display. On the Mac, colour management and the use of profiles is totally integrated at the system level, but on a PC (even under Windows XP) you need to tell the OS what monitor profile to use and then you're still not sure what Gamma you're working under etc etc.

The bottom line is that Macs are much better working with video/graphics than a PC. The current Apple laptop isplays are still considered to some of the best, not that I've seen the X-black screen.

Note to mention all the other 'issues' you'll have with Windows.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]