FORUMS: list search recent posts

Safari Text Not Right?

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ganer13
Safari Text Not Right?
on Jul 19, 2005 at 7:09:51 pm

I'm new to OS X from a 3 year hiatus from mac. My last Macintosh was OS 9. My specific problem is inside of Safari sometimes the text display is not correct, like some of the letters are scrambled? I'm not sure why and suggestions would help...

gs

Return to posts index

Jeff Carpenter
Re: Safari Text Not Right?
on Jul 19, 2005 at 7:26:33 pm

The first thing to try is to go to APPLICANTIONS/UTILITIES and open up 'Disc Utility.'

Use it to repair permissions on your main drive. I don't know if that will help, but it sometimes fixes little problems like this. Let us know if it doesn't work.

Return to posts index

Ganer13
on Jul 19, 2005 at 7:53:24 pm

OK Did that...time will tell.

gs

Return to posts index

Ganer13
on Jul 19, 2005 at 8:00:10 pm

Nope. Didn't work. It seems to only do this is RSS feeds? Here's an example of text as "seen" by safari...

"Bosic oudia editars ore like vocuun cleomers: you meed then, put yau roerly"

if i copy and paste the above text to a text document and conver to basic text this is what appears

Basic audio editors are like vacuum cleaners: you need them, but you rarely

gs

Return to posts index

Curtis Thompson
on Jul 19, 2005 at 8:23:07 pm

hello...

it's a known issue in safari related to fonts - a restart of safari should do the trick, but admittedly that is a pain in the rear... :-/

you could also try disabling any font management tools, but again - that sorta sucks to have to do that to read rss articles...so i think for now you might be stuck with it. i have never seen why it happens to some and not others, but that would in many ways be the most common attribute of a bug.

sorry to not have a solution for you...

sitruc

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]