FORUMS: list search recent posts

Permission problems on Tiger

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
MrVideo
Permission problems on Tiger
on Jul 6, 2005 at 3:49:46 pm

I have a couple of issues that are not apparent which are caused by permissions set on individual folders in Tiger.

The first one is that I am unable to install a certain application because, apparently - Tiger permissions are different than was Panther's - and the installer does not ask you for the admin level passwaord like most installers do.

When I run that installer, it fails to load content into a couple of folders inside the local users Library and if I try to go to those folders, do a Get Info and adjust the permissions, it refuses to let me to that. It is more than likely that I have not been able to find a way to involk the Admin level of privilege for the files to enter the folders at the reduced privilege level of User.

The other issue, is that I put an application folder in the Trash and now, there is nothing that will let me empty it or remove it from the Trash. If I try to drag it out of the Trash can, it makes a copy. I have followed an apple info article that was referenced here on emptying trashes in Tiger, without success.

If anyone has any ideas either how I can fix either problem, I would appreciate knowing.

Return to posts index

CharlieX
Re: Permission problems on Tiger
on Jul 8, 2005 at 5:12:20 pm

Can't help you much, but I'm having all sorts of permission problems as well. My own "pictures" folder in Home is set to "unknown" and I don't have Read/Write. If I unlock and switch, it will revert as soon as the window closes. One example of several dozen permission inconsistencies in 10.4.1

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]