FORUMS: list search recent posts

extremely long shutdown times

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chris newman
extremely long shutdown times
on Jul 1, 2005 at 6:10:48 am

i have a G4 quicksilver that i'm using for storage purposes at work (i've loaded it with about 1 tb worth of internal hard drive space). it has bays for four internal hard drives, i'm using them all. i installed tiger on it and striped three of the drives together (i couldn't stripe the boot drive), so that it would appear as one drive to make things easier. (i chose the "concantenated - i think that was what it was called - option in disk utilities (the other two were striping and mirroring...it said that concantenated served the purpose of making several drives appear as one, which is what i wanted. it said striping improved performance between discs and mirroring duplicated discs). anyway, i striped them with the concantenated option. everything seems fine except when i shut the computer down it takes a VERY long time to shut down. like 15 minutes...i'm not exaggerating. it goes through the normal visual steps (dock hides, hangs on screen wallpaper then goes to a blue screen with the clock like spinning wheel thing (not the beach ball). normally, this all takes place in about 15-30 seconds, but with this computer it's much longer.

any ideas why?
thanks

G4 dual 1.25 1gb ram OS 10.4.1

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]