FORUMS: list search recent posts

iphoto 5

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
emilyb
iphoto 5
on Jun 29, 2005 at 4:59:02 pm

Does anybody know if Apple is considering the release of a decent version for Iphoto that would also work for professionals with thousands of photos?

It looks like Shoebox has a much better software, but I would like to use an Apple made product rather than a 3rd party software.

Return to posts index

Mark Sloan
Re: iphoto 5
on Jun 29, 2005 at 9:31:34 pm

Probably not. The point of iPhoto, iMovie, Garageband and iDVD aren't meant for professionals. I don't see them changing that. They will improve performance and add features but their target audience is not experts.

Return to posts index

Harry Pallenberg
on Jun 29, 2005 at 11:54:33 pm

What Mark said is true... but I just talked to someone re: family portraits, and they use iPhoto, and seeing as how I paid a BUNCH of $... she seems to be doing ok... this is also based on her nice office space / studio, and the number of people I know who have used her.

Return to posts index

Jeff Carpenter
on Jul 3, 2005 at 2:01:00 am

My dad's a photographer and he went with this program:

http://www.extensis.com/en/products/product_family.jsp?locale=en_US&id=prod...

I've never used it...I don't much about it...but there it is. He seems to like it.

Return to posts index

emilyb
on Jul 7, 2005 at 2:38:09 pm

thanks, I'll take a look at it. The problem is, all of the programs in the ILife suite have an Apple professional equivalent. IPhoto doesn't. Also, all of the other programs just work. IPhoto doesn't. What's the point with that`Is Apple trying to send a message to photographers like: Please go away?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]