FORUMS: list search recent posts

Jet Take off on start up, if theres a start up

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thew
Jet Take off on start up, if theres a start up
by
on Jun 28, 2005 at 2:33:03 pm

Well, took over a edit position for a friend, the G4 runs well knock on wood..
But I inherited a g5 with a jet proportion system built in..
On every start up, the fan kicks in at a really high rate, then shuts down completely almost like it is going into sleep mode, and it just sits there.. Now I installed OS again on the Master hard drive, but I dont think it installed on the extra internal
Not sure if that could be the problem.. Now I remember a firmware up date on my personal G5, but cant seem to find it on Apples site, not sure if they are included on the OS updated..
Ive gotten the machine to start up a couple of times, but it will just freeze up and stalls out..
To make a long story short the machine is really loud more so then my G4, Ive done a reinstall of the OS on the master harddrive and initialized every thing, so I dont know what the next step is, every Mac tech that we have taken it to, have simply returned it and said to do a reintall of the OS, which we have done..
Any thoughts or suggestions...

Return to posts index

Alan Okey
Re: Jet Take off on start up, if theres a start up
on Jun 28, 2005 at 4:24:00 pm

Is the G5 under warranty? If not, have the Apple tech reinstall the OS, and when it doesn't work for them, maybe they'll actually start looking for the cause of the problem instead of giving you glib responses.

Return to posts index

bogiesan
Re: Jet Take off on start up, if theres a start up
on Jul 18, 2005 at 5:00:43 pm

Unstable fan controller in the G% can be a really bad sign. In our case, the graphics card had blown and was sending the controller "I'm hot!" signals.
I've heard of high speed fans indicating major motherboard issues, too.
Please post back if you ever get this fixed.

bogiesan

This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: "For crying out loud, read the freakin' manual."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]