FORUMS: list search recent posts

mac os install

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Miller
mac os install
on Jun 28, 2005 at 2:28:38 am

i have a imac g3 i am installing a os 9.1 but when i click on the istall mac os 9,1 in the window its saying the application Mac Os install could not be opened because Mac Os install coukd not be found (-36) how can i fix this the cd is a burned copey but when i scaned the cd its saying ita all good working good please help me

Return to posts index

Chuck Reti
Re: mac os install
on Jun 28, 2005 at 2:44:38 am

[David Miller] " the cd is a burned copey but when i scaned the cd its saying ita all good working good"

If your "burned copey" is from a CD that came along with a specific model computer, the original CD may only properly install on that machine.

What kind of "scan" tells you it's "working good" as an install CD?

Is your copy a full OS install or just an updater? Both kinds were sold by Apple.

Get ahold of a general retail version of the legal install CD. Available cheaply on ebay and from many online Mac dealers.
Bet it will work just fine.

--
Chuck Reti
VIdeo Editor
Detroit MI

Return to posts index

David Miller
on Jun 28, 2005 at 3:06:17 am

[Chuck Reti] " your "burned copey" is from a CD that came along with a specific model computer, the original CD may only properly install on that machine.

What kind of "scan" tells you it's "working good" as an install CD?

Is your copy a full OS install or just an updater? Both kinds were sold by Apple.

Get ahold of a general retail version of the legal install CD. Available cheaply on ebay and from many online Mac dealers.
Bet it will work just fine."

the cd is burned from the orginall and it is the full version so can it be a bad burned cd

Return to posts index

Chuck Reti
on Jun 28, 2005 at 3:58:05 pm

Can you boot up from the CD copy? Just curious.

Return to posts index

David Miller
on Jun 28, 2005 at 5:21:00 pm

Can you boot up from the CD copy? Just curious.

yes it goes to the cd screen where it has the cd back ground but when i push the mac os install it wont go to the next step but on thing is funny about it i have adobe suite on here when i first got it none of the editing programs would open up it keep saying and this otutilitylib what the response i got off of creative cow was otutilitylib is part of Open Transport, is is missing or hasn't loaded
on startup. If it's not in your extensions folder in the system folder
you'll either need to do a custom install from the OS 9 CD of just Open
transport, or in some cases re-install the complete system
--- and the funny thing about it when i put the os 9.1 in the programs open up but i got to leave the cd in to open the programs up but as i take it out the prgrams wont open up and it says the same thing otutilitylib

Return to posts index

Chuck Reti
on Jun 28, 2005 at 9:15:07 pm

Did a quick "otutilitylib" search (http://www.google.com/mac.html is your friend). There is an Apple doc http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=24960 that at least explains the situation and offers a couple of procedures to deal with it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]