FORUMS: list search recent posts

DOES RADEON X800 XT HAVE ADC CONNECTOR TOO?

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Blokland
DOES RADEON X800 XT HAVE ADC CONNECTOR TOO?
on Jun 25, 2005 at 1:35:46 am

Seems that on the ATI site, it says it does. Just want to make sure before I purchase.

Thanks in advance.

JIM.

Return to posts index

Jeff Carpenter
Re: DOES RADEON X800 XT HAVE ADC CONNECTOR TOO?
on Jun 25, 2005 at 5:52:37 am

I'm nearly certain that it does.

I mean, that's what I HAVE, so I should know, right? I don't have an ADC monitor, though, so I don't like saying for certain if I can't test it.

This is an ADC, right?

http://digitalfreaks.org/~lavalamp/apple_cinema_23inch/images/10_Setup_ADCD...

That's what the other port on my X800 XT looks like!

Return to posts index

MrVideo
on Jun 25, 2005 at 1:23:22 pm

If I were you I would want to hear it from someone that has an ADC connected LCD display working today on a G5 computer.

The reason I say this is that I seriously doubt that even if the X800 XT has an ADC port on the card that it would work inside your G5 as Apple was not shipping the ADC monitor at the time of the G5 and the AGP slot need connection to 27 volts to power the display. If that connection is not present on the motherboard, it will not light the ADC monitor. That is also why Apple sells the DVI connected displays that have an auxillary power supply box to supply the power to light the 20"-23" and 30" DVI connected displays.

At worst, what you would have to do is spend another $100 for the Apple DVI-ADC converter to run the ADC connected LCD display as I need to do after installing the Radeon 9800 Pro in my G4 with a 22" Cinema Display

Return to posts index

Mitch Ives
on Jun 26, 2005 at 8:16:09 pm

My original 23" Cinema display (ADC) is connected to the ADC connector on the 800, and (using an Apple DVI to ADC converter), the 17" is connected as well...

Mitch Ives
Insight Productions Corp.
mitch@insightproductions.com
http://www.insightproductions.com

Return to posts index

Jim Blokland
on Jun 27, 2005 at 2:00:23 pm

Thanks Mitch, for the confirmation.

I'm trying to run two older ADC displays off this card. I already have one Apple ADC/DVI adaptor but I was hoping to avoid having to get another.

Best, JIM.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]