FORUMS: list search recent posts

OSX 10.3.9 Firewire drive not recognised in Tiger

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chrispy
OSX 10.3.9 Firewire drive not recognised in Tiger
on Jun 10, 2005 at 12:16:19 pm

Hi,

I've got a Firewire drive that has a bootable OSX 10.3.9 installed and when I connect it to a G5 running Tiger, it says it does not recognise the drive and ask if I want to initialize it.

Is this expected ? Does Tiger not like drive with other version of OSX installed ?

-chrispy

Return to posts index

MrVideo
Re: OSX 10.3.9 Firewire drive not recognised in Tiger
on Jun 11, 2005 at 10:05:57 pm

I am researching this right now. I had an older FW400 drive with the Oxford bridge board running under Jaguar and after waiting a few updates to Panther, I moved it over to Panther and it caused the drive to mount once and disappear once and be unusable after that, even on the Jaguar system.

I wrote off that enclosure as bad and ordered another on to work on Panther. Now that I am about to go to Tiger I a suspicious that the first enclosure is not really bad, just needs a firmware update.

My concern is that using the new FW400 enclosure with a drive is part of the sequence I will need to use when moving from Panther to Tiger.

My question; is the firmware in this enclosures bridge board usable in Tiger or not? If you read MacFixit and other troubleshooting sites, you will pick up a thread about Firewire400 drives not mounting in Tiger.

I am investigating ways to verify what version of firmware is in each FW400 enclosure and what it needs to be for Tiger.

Return to posts index

Andy Edwards
Re: OSX 10.3.9 Firewire drive not recognised in Tiger
on Jun 13, 2005 at 5:19:27 am

I don't think it is a OS issue. I have a Lacie 500gig firewire drive that keeps unmounting ever since installing Tiger. Although this happened a lot even under 10.3.8 & 10.3.9, this is sad to see happening under Tiger again. I think there is a major Firewire issue with certain G5's and especially with Lacie drives!!

Andy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]