FORUMS: list search recent posts

No way to assemble a seamless playlist for Quicktime??

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Lim
No way to assemble a seamless playlist for Quicktime??
on Jun 8, 2005 at 2:43:03 pm

Topic says it all. I am trying to find the most flexible way to assemble a list of .movs to play back full screen seamlessly. Surely this is possible? I am from a PC background. In the PC world.. this is a simple playlist. Whats the Mac equivalent?

Thanks.
Steve.

Return to posts index

Mike L
Re: No way to assemble a seamless playlist for Quicktime??
on Jun 8, 2005 at 8:24:40 pm

With QT Pro, it used to be fairly simple to do a copy/paste routine to assemble one "big" movie from a bunch of smaller ones.

All the MOVs need to be the same exact size, and use the same codec for this to work, and I don't know if it works with QT 7, but here's the recipe. You need QT Pro to do this.

1. Open QT movie #1.
2. Select all (cmnd-A).
3. Copy All.
4. Create New Movie.
5. Paste All.
6. Open QT Movie #2.
7. Select all/Copy again
8. Select the New Movie created in step 4, and paste. The new clip will get pasted immediately after the first clip.

Continue until you've got all the movies pasted into one big movie.

HTH - I'm sure you could do this with scripting as well, but I can't help you there.

Mike L

Return to posts index

Steve Lim
on Jun 9, 2005 at 4:08:18 am

Thanks for your input. This seem extremely primative... I am somewhat surprised if this is the most elegant way of preparing an ad-hoc presentation of clips?

Anyone else with alternatives?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

daniel_l
on Jun 9, 2005 at 3:29:37 pm

http://www.qtilities.com/qt_playlist_maker/

It costs but will do the job for you.
As Quicktime is far more than just a simple player, jukebox facilities like playlists are not really called for. Players that feature playlists generally don't offer the other powerful features found in Quicktime.

An alternative is to assemble all your movies in a NLE like FCP or iMovie and then export from there as a reference movie (non self-contained).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]