FORUMS: list search recent posts

MS OFFICE NEED HELP

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
craig moss
MS OFFICE NEED HELP
on Jun 8, 2005 at 6:24:40 am

I have one of those USB memory drives. I use an XP machine at work and a G4 at home. When I bring home office files from work, I have no problems opening the files on my MAC. Recently I made some changes to an Excel file and when I brought it back to work, the PC did not recognize the file type. This was a file originally created on the machine that now can

Return to posts index

Curtis Thompson
Re: MS OFFICE NEED HELP
on Jun 8, 2005 at 3:50:27 pm

hello...

the best thing i can offer is to make use of the "save as" menu and make a few different versions of it - no idea why it won't open on the pc, but if it's just a straight up spreadsheet, then .csv or txt would work nicely...

sitruc

Return to posts index

craig moss
Re: MS OFFICE NEED HELP
on Jun 8, 2005 at 9:39:45 pm

Thanks. I had come to the same conclusion. I saved it as a MS Excell 97-2002... workbook and it opened on the PC. Maybe it has to do with the Mac office suite being later than whatever is on the PC. In any case, problem solved. I'm pretty sure I've opened files int he past without this extra step, but whatever.

OSX 10.2.3; Quicksilver Dual 1 gig; FCP 3.0.4; Sony camcorder vx2000; write professionally for a variety of media

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]