FORUMS: list search recent posts

OS X password

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim
OS X password
by
on May 30, 2005 at 2:55:43 pm

Occasionally, when I first power up the machine, or bring it out of sleep mode, or even out of the screen saver...when it asks for my password, the keyboard (and mouse) will be non-responsive. I then have to turn the machine off (without properly shutting it down, which is making me nervous), and try again with the password log-in upon powering it back up. Any ideas? I have a Bella Custom Keyboard for FCP, could this be an issue? I'm new to Apple and get quite lost at times. Any clues would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

craig moss
Re: OS X password
on May 30, 2005 at 4:17:33 pm

There has been a "fail to wake from sleep" issue with some combo's of software and hardware/monitors. Do a search and see if you can't track down the problem. If you suspect it might be your third party keyboard, try using the mac standard and see if it clears up the issue. If it does, talk to your keyboard company and see if they have a fix.

OSX 10.2.3; Quicksilver Dual 1 gig; FCP 3.0.4; Sony camcorder vx2000; write professionally for a variety of media

Return to posts index

Filip Vandueren
on May 31, 2005 at 3:10:11 am

Try un/re-plugging the USB lead of your keyboard, possibly even to another USB-port.

Return to posts index

MitchJi
on Jun 2, 2005 at 12:04:22 am

[Filip Vandueren] "Try un/re-plugging the USB lead of your keyboard, possibly even to another USB-port."

Hi,
Or try unplugging the 3 party keyboard and plugging in the Apple Keyboard.

Best Wishes,

Mitch

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]