FORUMS: list search recent posts

OS X 3.9 permissions error

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ken
OS X 3.9 permissions error
by
on May 30, 2005 at 12:35:37 am

I was trying to take and upgrade my G5 (10.3.6) to 10.3.9 using my iMac (sole internet computer) by moving the dmg icons over to a firewire connected HD that I use between the computers mostly for this purpose. I received a permissions error (administrative) that would not allow me to move it on over to that HD. While I have experienced the error message before, I have not had this problem before on this HD including the present capacity of updating computer software. What do I need to do? I know it must have something to do with the permissions on the firewire HD but do not know the procedures. Thanks a lot. Once I can get that going, I can upgrade my G5 to Final Cut Studio. : )

Return to posts index

Jeff Carpenter
Re: OS X 3.9 permissions error
on May 31, 2005 at 12:19:48 pm

If possible, the first thing I'd do is take all of the data off the firewire drive, re-format it, and then drag it all back.

If you have too much data on it to make that idea easy, then try hooking both computers up with the firewire cable. Restart the iMac and hold down the "T" key. It will show up on your other computer as a firewire drive. Just find the file and drag it over!

If THAT doesn't work then I'd have to think there was something wrong with the file itself.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]