FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lap top for video editing

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David DiCanio
Lap top for video editing
on May 27, 2005 at 2:37:27 am

Sorry for those who saw I posted this in the wrong forum, but this seems like the right one.

A friend is getting a G4 laptop and can go from 1 gig ram to 2 gig ram for only $400USD. Will the ram increase make THAT much difference in editing video. Thank you very much!

dave

Return to posts index

Jeff Carpenter
Re: Lap top for video editing
on May 27, 2005 at 3:17:32 am

It's not that it will help the video, but he'll be able to have more things running (or simply have larger projects open) without having the computer slow down whenever he does something. 1 GB is ok, but yes, I'd have to say that you'd be able to tell the difference between 1 and 2 GB of RAM.

I have to say, though, I think that price is a bit high. Exactly what kind of laptop is it and where would he be buying this RAM? Check http://www.crucial.com and see what they charge for his model. You can buy a 1 GB stick yourself and put it in.

Return to posts index

David DiCanio
on May 27, 2005 at 3:22:18 am

Thanks very much for the reply. He is in the UK, and so that might be the reason for high price.

Return to posts index

craig moss
on May 28, 2005 at 1:46:18 pm

All ram is not created equal. Crucial is a good recommendation. Can't they ship to England?

OSX 10.2.3; Quicksilver Dual 1 gig; FCP 3.0.4; Sony camcorder vx2000; write professionally for a variety of media

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]