FORUMS: list search recent posts

Color shifting in Quicktime

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Hedin
Color shifting in Quicktime
on May 26, 2005 at 7:28:49 pm

I created a colorful movie in MOTION2, then I exported it to a QT movie using several formats (i.e. 8-bit uncompressed, and H.264). The color of my new movie looked horribly washed out, the colors were flat. I investigated the colorsync utility, and switched to different calibration settings. Switching back and forth between APPLE RGB and CIE RGB, produced dramatic differences ONLY on the quicktime movie. Just for comparisons sake, I downloaded some sample H.264 movies from APPLE's website and had it side-by-side with the movie I created. When switching back and forth again between calibration settings, it only made MY movies change with a dramatic effect.

The bottom line: After creating my OWN color profile and calibrating my 23" cinema display, AND creating a movie from MOTION2, the saturation of the colors in my movie looked really washed out compared to the canvas window in Motion. So I don't know if this is an OSX Problem, or a Quicktime problem, or maybe it's something new entirely that I don't understand.

Any ideas?

G5 Dual 2.7, 4gb, Nvidia 6800
OS X 10.4.1
FCP 5, Motion 2

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]