FORUMS: list search recent posts

tiger OSX on 2 computers

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ryanservant
tiger OSX on 2 computers
on May 21, 2005 at 6:22:58 pm

So my boss just bought Tiger OSX for his laptop and forgot to buy the Family pack so we could install it also on my laptop. I just called apple and they said you could not buy more licenses to add on to a single user OSX. Isn't the software the same only you get more license keys or something when you buy the family pack? Doesn't it seem wierd that you cant buy it as an add on?

any help would be great,

Thanks
Ryan

G5
xserve 2.5 TB
FCP HD
2 gigs ram
Used to be Kona Hd...Now its Decklink HD pro

Ryan Servant
AirSeaLand Productions
http://www.airsealand.com
718-626-2646

Return to posts index

Andy Edwards
Re: tiger OSX on 2 computers
on May 21, 2005 at 7:36:25 pm

From the Apple website:

"Family Pack Software License Agreement allows you to install and use one copy of the Apple Software on up to a maximum of five (5) Apple-labeled computers at a time as long as those computers are located in the same household and used by persons who occupy that same household. By "household" we mean a person or persons sharing the same housing unit such as a home, apartment, mobile home or condominium. This license does not extend to students who reside at a separate on-campus location or to business or commercial users."

Family pack is not really for business....I guess. They want you to buy the software separately. Pony up the $129 and move on :-)

Andy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]