FORUMS: list search recent posts

Toast 6 Titanium

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Farrell
Toast 6 Titanium
on May 18, 2005 at 6:56:00 am

I am so getting frustrated with this program. It is so great because it makes my life easier but when I burn a DVD I end up throwing away so many. I am a photographer and I am burning JPEG images that I have shot and constantly have curruptions. A pal told me that I have to change some setting in toast menu for my images to burn. Sometimes they are fine and sometimes it will take like 3 DVD's to burn. Apple DVD's aren't cheap and it takes so long to burn, hate wasting my time, please help me out.

Return to posts index

pdr
Re: Toast 6 Titanium
by
on May 18, 2005 at 7:45:04 am

Hi Nick

When do you realise the disks are corrupt, during the burning or verification process, or later when you go back to use the archive at a later date?

I was having some problems where disks would get 90% complete, and then Toast would announce that the burn had failed, and I had to do it over again. I seemed to have solved this problem by turnin on Buffer Underrun Protection.

You can activate this feature as follows:
1. Select to menu item: Recorder > Recorder Settings

Return to posts index

MitchJi
Re: Toast 6 Titanium
on May 19, 2005 at 5:03:41 am

[pdr] "I know it sounds like overkill, but I have been caught out before, where everything seemed to be fine, disk mounted etc, but none of the files would work when I tried to recover them from the disk. A very painful and expensive lesson!
"

Hi,

Does this happen frequently or is it a rare occurance?

Does this happen with quality media and a conservative burn speed like 4x?

Best Wishes,

Mitch

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]