FORUMS: list search recent posts

saving g4

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
many
saving g4
by
on May 17, 2005 at 2:23:48 am

Hi, I have a couple of questions and I'm hoping someone can help me figure out if I can fix my powerbook g4.

Something heavy fell on it.

_After accident, the screen is broken, I oppened it up and from what I can see the thing fell right on top of the HD and everything else seems ok.

_When I press the power button it makes a sound as it is turning on and if i press a coupe of things on the keyboard the scren lights up and it looks like there is something on the screen but i can't tell what it is because is broken.

_I tried to conect an external monitor with DVI but didn't get anything. I was told that OS X will have to be start up in order to see the external monitor.

_I tried conecting it to a second powerbook via firewiere and tried power with T as target disk but it didn't show in the good PB.

Is there anything that I could try to figure out what's wrong by myself?

I thought about geting a good HD and trying it on, but then if is a new empty HD it will not do anything good for me, right?
I'm thinking and thinking.

any ideas more than welcome.

Thanks.
many

Return to posts index

many
Re: saving g4
by
on May 17, 2005 at 3:04:35 am

Can you install OS X into an external HD?

I'm just thinking. if it will be possible to run the operating sistem on an external Hd to get access to my broken G4.

Thanks
many

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]